July 17, 2009

You rock my world

I had the radio on a few days ago and this catchy song came on, but it was a few lines that caught my attention . . .

So baby don’t worry, you are my only,
You won’t be lonely, even if the sky is falling down . . .
"Down" - Jay Sean

I thought, how many songs are out there that portray love this way . . . that we will never be alone once we find "the one," that we should trust in them and find security and all that we need in that person?

Everywhere I'm looking now
I'm surrounded by your embrace
Baby I can see your halo
You know you're my saving grace
You're everything I need and more
It's written all over your face
Baby I can feel your halo
Pray it won't fade away

Hit me like a ray of sun
Burning through my darkest night
You're the only one that I want
Think I'm addicted to your light
I swore I'd never fall again
But this don't even feel like falling
Gravity can't forget
To pull me back to the ground again

"Halo" - Beyonce

I think that this song is absolutely beautiful, but I refuse to believe that such a divine love can come from another human being.

But perhaps one of the best written love songs that I know, that moves me to tears whenever I hear it or just read the lyrics is this one by Red Jumpsuit Apparatus:

When I see your smile
Tears run down my face I can't replace
And now that I'm strong I have figured out
How this world turns cold and it breaks through my soul
And I know I'll find deep inside me I can be the one

I will never let you fall
I'll stand up with you forever
I'll be there for you through it all
Even if saving you sends me to heaven

Seasons are changing
And waves are crashing
And stars are falling all for us
Days grow longer and nights grow shorter
I can show you I'll be the one

I will never let you fall
I'll stand up with you forever
I'll be there for you through it all
Even if saving you sends me to heaven

'Cause you're my, you're my, my, my true love, my whole heart
Please don't throw that away
'Cause I'm here for you
Please don't walk away and
Please tell me you'll stay, stay

"Your Guardian Angel” - Red Jumpsuit Apparatus

A few years ago in the midst of heartbreak, I was talking to my mom one night and telling her that I just wanted the pain to be gone, I didn't want to have to deal with it or feel it anymore.

She told me something to the extent of, "it's OK because when you find the right person, they'll make it all go away . . ."

Really? I think a lot of the time we are taught or conditioned to believe that once we meet the right person, our lives will be complete, they will take the pain away, and that we'll never be alone again. So we're left to wander around feeling inept, incomplete, waiting for this hero to come sweep us off of our feet and rescue us. And when he doesn't come, we feel less of a woman . . . or that there's something wrong with us. Perhaps we feel that something is missing from our lives.

But you know what? Those are all lies. There is someone who has known us before we were born, and He pursues us each and every day . . . He longs to have intimacy and a relationship with us. The only relationship that can truly complete us and give us life.

Here I stand
Empty hands
Wishing my wrists were bleeding
To stop the pain from the beatings

There you stood
Holding me
Waiting for me to notice you

But who are you?
You are the truth
Outscreaming these lies

You are the truth
Saving my life

The warmth of your embrace
Melts my frostbitten spirit
You speak the truth and I hear it
The words are I love you
And I have to believe in you


"Red Sam" - Flyleaf

'I have been with you all along, you have not noticed me.'
Nervosa now felt more ashamed than ever before.
'Why would you still care enough to save me
even after seeing the horrible things I have done?
Why do you remain here even now?' She asked, sobbing.
'Because, here is where you are,' the Lamb said softly,
'And I long to be with you.''

"The Beginning" - Showbread

I'm seeing so much clearer
Looking through your eyes
I could never find a safer place
Even if I tried
All the times I've needed you
You've never left my side

"Wrapped In Your Arms" - Fireflight


The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.
-Deuteronomy 31:8

The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."
-Zephaniah 3:17

Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.
-John 15:13

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
-Romans 5:8

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
-Romans 8:38-39

But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved.
Ephesians 2:4-5

We should not spend our time waiting around for "the one" to rescue us or make our lives complete. We are already made complete in Christ, and we already have the most important relationship in our lives, if only we would look to Him alone. Let His love fill you, heal you, comfort you and transform your life. Look to Him for every single need . . . His love is truly unfailing and steadfast. He is insanely faithful even when we are chasing after things of this world. He is the hero our hearts long for . . . if only we would embrace Him.

Like J.D. said last week, people are going to fail you. Your marriage is going to fail you . . . but not necessarily by infidelity or by fault of that person, per se. If you are going into open heart surgery, your spouse cannot be there when you are on the table, under the knife. It's just you and the surgeons. God is truly the only one who will be with us through it all to the end. And He's been with us steadily since the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Caked Designs