February 6, 2011

enough

I'm done with winter.

It's not just the cold, but the lack of sunlight that slowly wears away at my soul.

Last weekend it was sunny and in the 70's . . . and I felt like I could die happy - all of my cares just evaporated when I stepped outside.

I don't want my circumstances to dictate the state of my spirit - but not only does the temperature outside tell me it's winter, but this season of my life feels like a winter as well.

Do you see what it does to me? It makes me extra dramatic.

Anyway, I'm just praying that this month will fly and that I can put things into perspective instead of dwelling on being stuck in a rut right now. I guess I'm human after all. It's times like these that I know joy runs deeper than happiness or my circumstances, and I'm thankful that there's more to life than my limited human understanding of it.

O God, You are my God;
Early will I seek You;
My soul thirsts for You;
My flesh longs for You
In a dry and thirsty land
Where there is no water.
So I have looked for You in the sanctuary,
To see Your power and Your glory.

Because Your lovingkindness is better than life,
My lips shall praise You.
Thus I will bless You while I live;
I will lift up my hands in Your name.
My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness,
And my mouth shall praise You with joyful lips.

When I remember You on my bed,
I meditate on You in the night watches.
Because You have been my help,
Therefore in the shadow of Your wings I will rejoice.
My soul follows close behind You;
Your right hand upholds me.
Psalm 63:1-8

1 comment:

  1. i understand feeling like it's winter in your heart! it's difficult, but it's also an important season because God will use it to show you he is the sole source of your comfort and satisfaction. you just have to let him.

    also, i think i have the solution for your winter woes...live in PA for a year. 30's and below all winter long (and the winters are long) and no sunshine whatsoever! it makes winters here feel nice!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Caked Designs