June 29, 2009

So . . .

I've never had an official "blog" . . . unless you can count Myspace or Facebook Notes.

I believe in doing things for a purpose, and so I will state the purpose of doing this:

Whenever something is heavy on my mind, I need a way to get it out . . . and usually it has to do with some disruption or frustration I need to get out of my head. However, a lot of times, I have been blessed and I want to share it and use that to lift up others. I want to show how purpose can come from pain, how beauty is found in brokenness, how we are made perfect in weakness alone. I want to be an encouragement, I want my life to point to something much greater than myself. If this can be the beginning of a way to acheive that, hallelujah.

The title of the blog is from a Flyleaf song . . . and so I have copied & pasted the lyrics:

Sick of circling the same road
And sick of bearing the guilt
So open the windows to cool off
And heat pours in instead

Perfect in weakness
I'm only perfect in just your strength alone

All my efforts to clean me
Leave me putrid and filthy
And how can you look at me
When I can't stand myself


I'm tired to be honest...I'm nobody

Perfect in weakness
I'm only perfect in just your strength alone
Perfect in weakness
I'm only running in just your strength alone

I tried to kill you
You tried to save me

You save me . . .

"Perfect" - Flyleaf

---------------------

Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
-2 Corinthians 12:8-10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Caked Designs