July 28, 2012

like a child

 Dear God, surround me as I speak,
the bridges that I walk across are weak
Frustrations fill the void that I can't solely bear
Dear God, don't let me fall apart,
you've held me close to you
I have turned away and searched for answers I can't understand

They say that I can move the mountains

And send them crashing into the sea
They say that I can walk on water
If I would follow and believe
with faith like a child

Sometimes, when I feel miles away

and my eyes can't see your face
I wonder if I've grown to lose the recklessness
I walked in light of you


They say that love can heal the broken

They say that hope can make you see
They say that faith can find a Savior
If you would follow and believe
with faith like a child 


"Like A Child," Jars of Clay


But Jesus called the children to him and said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.”
-Luke 18:16-17  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Caked Designs