January 7, 2014

You Hear Me When I Call

Answer me when I call, O God of my righteousness!
    You have given me relief when I was in distress.
    Be gracious to me and hear my prayer!

 O men, how long shall my honor be turned into shame?
    How long will you love vain words and seek after lies?  
 But know that the Lord has set apart the godly for himself;
    the Lord hears when I call to him.
Psalm 4:1-3


How thankful I am that we have a God that is not distant and far away, but one who hears us when we call to Him. The Psalms show us how we can be raw and honest with God . . . that it's a safe place to be real with Him. 
  
How different life would be if He wasn't truly Immanuel, God with us.  

And how can we be assured that He hears us? If you are in Christ, scripture tells us that
all the promises of God find their yes in him (2 Corinthians 1:20). We can know that He has given us freedom and full acceptance to approach Him, to have true relationship.


For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God.
Ephesians 2:8 

"Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me."
John 17:23 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Caked Designs